Educational videos for relaxation practice
There are a variety of different ways to relax, and there are just as many videos out there trying to show those different ways. The purpose of these videos is to practice relaxation during group. These are more experiential than educational although these do include brief explanations. Sometimes doing is the best way to learn a skill. These are great if you have extra time or if you need to help clients begin your sessions relaxed and ready to learn.
Deep Breathing Explanation and Practice
In less than 4 minutes this video explains the how and why of using deep breathing to relax. It also has a section where clients follow along and practice with the video. It is well animated and simple enough it could be used for clients of most ages.
Questions to ask after watching a breathing video:
- What other breathing techniques do you know?
- What is it about breathing slowly that helps relax people?
Progressive Muscle Relaxation
Questions to ask after watching a progressive muscle relaxation video:
- When and where might you use progressive muscle relaxation?
- How long do you think it takes to use progressive muscle relaxation?
- How is it that relaxing muscles helps relax a person emotionally?
Questions to ask after watching:
- How does focusing on your breath help you relax?
- How difficult is it to observe your thoughts without judging them?
Questions to ask after watching a guided imagery video:
- What are some other calming places to imagine?
- Do you have to have someone guide you through imagery, or can you do it on your own?
- When you use imagery on your own, what are some strategies to help your imagination?
Copyright © 2014-present