Songs to help induce calmness and reduce anxiety
Getting the Most out of Relaxing Music
Music has long been a tool for relaxing. These are some tips for using music to the fullest benefit possible.
- Set up the listening environment. Lighting, temperature, visual stimulation, aromas, and noises can enhance or defeat relaxation efforts. Get rid of distractions.
- Use good listening equipment. A decent pair of headphones is all it takes to really get into the music.
- Find music tied to good memories. We all have special songs from our past that bring us back to that happy time. Use these songs to visit a relaxing time.. The music can
List of Relaxing Songs
- Fix You - Coldplay
- Ave Maria
- Weightless - Marconi Union
- Strawberry Swing - Coldplay
- Sail Away - Enya
- Pie Jesu - Celtic Woman
- O Magnum Mysterium
- Ave Verum Corpus - Mozart
- Homeless - Ladysmith Black Mamazo
- Hushabye - The Beach Boys
Suggestions for using Relaxing Music in a Group
Is there a usefulness for using relaxing music with clients? Consider some of these ideas for using music to teach and build skills.